Challenge: who can background this shell command?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 14:19:24 EDT 2019

OK - I managed to get it to work with:

   - open process "/usr/local/bin/hugo server" for read

which I did not think would work due to the two word shell command.

Timing was an issue - so I had to use the method found here (thanks Mark) -
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/builder/installer_utilities.livecodescript
-
which uses a send in 20 milliseconds when there is a timeout. basically it
is complex timing logic, but more direct and probably robust than using a
bunch of shell commands we put into the background. Still we have tow
methods that work - restores my faith in the flexibility of Livecode!

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 17:15, dsc--- via use-livecode <