Challenge: who can background this shell command?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 09:20:17 EDT 2019

That works in the message box - thanks Matthias.

The only thing is I can't (yet) tell what port the server is running on - I
can see from the terminal (using pgrep) the process id of the started
server - but it does not appear to be serving correctly on the default
server port...

Do you think there is a way to redirect the output to Livecode's result or
it variable - I seem to remember that there have been some changes to that
to make such a construction possible in Livecode - alternatively maybe the
output can be directed to a temporary file instead of " /dev/null"???

Nearly there :)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 13:39, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <