Seeking philosophical guidance on library interface design.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Apr 29 07:40:49 EDT 2019

On 29/04/2019 07:12, Dar Scott Consulting via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm not sure what C is.  Maybe something related to using arrays.  Maybe a tool to create code snippets.

Ah, OK, got it.

I do already have a handler that will "save" the current graph; i.e.
write out the JSON of the defining array to a file and/or the snapshot
of the group as a jpeg. The JSON can then be later restored through
another handler, and the jpeg can be used for websites, inclusion in
docs, etc.

Note though there's no guarantee that restoring the JSON will provide an
exact replica, since certain parameters are inherited from the group /
card / stack. For example, if you define the backgroundcolor for the
graph, it will be restored, but if you don't define it, then it will be
inherited, and therefore may appear differently after retrieving  the
graph from file.

And I have a still-vague, half-implemented idea for adding custom
default arrays so that an app can predefine its own defaults.

Thanks

Alex.