specialFolderPath("preferences") returns empty on Windows???

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 23 14:25:16 EDT 2019

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > NVM I just read further. Preferences is not one I can use for Windows.

The bad news is that, as you've discovered, Windows has no "Preferences"
folder per se.

The good news is that it does have a commonly-used place for that sort
of thing, and that LC's specialFolderPath function allows passing in OS
constants for all sorts of things.

In your case try specialFolderPath(26)

Others are documented here, where Ken Ray took the time to explore as
many as he could find on Mac and Windows at the time:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/tips/file010.htm

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems