Browser HTML Source & URLs

hakan at exformedia.se hakan at exformedia.se
Wed Apr 17 07:24:48 EDT 2019

You can execute a small javascript to grab the HTML. I’ve done something similar in an Instagram Scraper I just built….

First you need to set up a callback function in the widget under javascript handlers e.g. jscallback then you can call a javascript that calls you back with whatever you want. Create field for the script, save script into a constant or just submit if it is short:

do ”liveCode.jscallback( ’source', document.documentElement.outerHTML );" in widget ”browser"

You also need to setup the jscallback in LiveCode:

on jscallback pMethod pValue
 if pMethod is ”source” then
      # pValue holds the source except the <!doctype>
   end if
end jsCallback

Here I used a ”key value” principle with a method and a value, but you can of course set up several callbacks in the browser widget if you prefer.

Håkan
PS. Writing code directly in mail so it is untested and qoutes and formatting might be wrong...