Re: Upcoming MacOS 14.5 with software “notarization” requirements

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Apr 16 11:18:56 EDT 2019

I agree with most of what you said, but I've been getting alerts recently that certain apps are not optimized to run on Mojave, which is their way of telling me that some update in the near future is going to render them unusable. These are not old apps they are recently purchased apps.

What enrages me so much (and I was once an avid supporter of the MacOS) is the wanton disregard Apple Dev seems to have towards end user's investments in software. A really big reason people tend to stick with a platform is the investment in software. Switching from Win to Mac means at least having to purchase VM software to continue using the old apps. Switching the other direction means ABANDONING the old apps and all the work invested in the documents produced.

The elegant solution would be to give me the option of enabling or disabling notarization. From what I have read so far there will be no option. If that is the case, I will likely try to find some way of absolutely preventing any more Apple Updates for ALL of our users, and then never purchase another Apple product again, for myself OR for my company.

And you know what really seals the deal for me? I have the strong impression that no one at Apple really gives a dam if I do or I don't.

Bob S