Re: Upcoming MacOS 14.5 with software “notarization” requirements

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 04:43:04 EDT 2019

"consistent scientific HIG again" . . . "scientific" . . . is not a word
I would use about galloping subjectivity.

"a bit on the obsessive control, hard-on-the-eye schemes, and planned
obsolescence" Yes, these are disgusting.
Not convinced about "hard-on-the-eye schemes" as they seem to be all
over the place.

I have a 20 year old Pentium running Xubuntu Linux 18.04 merrily
chuntering away in my school.

That machine could not cope with Windows XP, and, needless-to-say, it is
a non-Macintosh machine.

So, as far as planned obsolescence goes I honestly don't see much
difference between Apple
and Microsoft there beyond the fact that Apple have tied their OS to
their machines which means they
really have got your arm round your back if you want their OS.

My remarks as to Windows being shoddy was in respect of its
vulnerability to attack and viruses.

What i fail to understand is why there has not been a greater adoption
of desktop versions
of Linux, as most Linux versions offer 32-bit versions, PPC versions and
all sorts of possibilities that
probably go beyond most people's conception of obsolescence.

Richmond.