setting file created date in livecode from script

Stephen Barncard stephen at barncard.com
Sun Apr 14 17:36:06 EDT 2019

Hi Gang,

I thought file date change had been a part of livecode for years, but I
can't find anything in the docs about setting the created or modified dates
in files.
I need to do this on the Mac desktop.

Why? because several years ago $@$#$@#$@'ing  dropbox, without my
permission, started changing not only filenames but DATES in a huge swath
of precious photos in  a particularly dishonest way -- they wanted my free
account to fill up quickly so I'd have to "upgrade".
I know the EXIF tags still exist inside each file, but all the file dates
had been changed to the date of copying.
Dropbox has been increasingly piggish lately - not allowing more than 3
machines on the free account.
It's a mess.  This does not endear me to these greedy people.

I have to write a custom handler to deal with this - there's no app that
can do this - I don't think.

perhaps there's something I can call from the shell - I'd be good with that.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

sqb
--
Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -