Panel/Form Widget

Dalton Calford dalton.calford at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:06:12 EDT 2019

I do use google, but, the issue is return on time and investment.   The
entire purpose of the endeavor is as a front end to a database.   Given the
database layer has not been touched for years given that all the database
bugs where consolidated back in version 2.16 and not touched until 2016
when the consolidated list was marked as 'not a bug' tells me that there is
no intention to actually fix the limits to the system.
So, why should I spend time, fiddling with the discussions of how to fix
the panels (viewers) when a more fundamental issue happens to be the
database layer itself.
I am going to use html and javascript with an embedded local only web
server, as that is less work than livecode.
It's a shame.   Livecode has so much potential, but, it is fighting
itself.  I remember when I first looked at livecode back in 2010, they
where promising so much that still does not exist.