Saving a tab formatted field to a file and retaining its formatting

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 10 17:59:37 EDT 2019

Robert J. Earp wrote:

 > Richard wrote:
 >> > Would LC's built-in print to PDF support not be an option?
 >
 > Richard, many thanks for the thought.  If you mean the built-in
 > “printing to pdf” then yes, but as far as I could see it only prints
 > cards, not just field content.  Is there other pdf support ?

All printing in LC is based on a card, but has some very flexible
options like printing a header into one rect, a footer into another, and
the body into the middle before closing the page.  Coupled with the
nifty metrics we can get for field rendering, even styled text can be
printed quite nicely.

But all that can be tedious work.  Nice if you have specialized needs,
but if you have a field ready to go the folks at LC have already done
the work for you:  see the revPrintField command.

LC's PDF generator will take any output LC can produce, so using that in
conjunction with revPrintField may be just what you're looking for.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems