Notarizing applications for macOS

kee nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Tue Apr 9 11:27:32 EDT 2019

I have to admit, I’ve only read about this notarization thing but based upon my experience in getting an app approved for the macOS app store, my answer would be yes. Yes you can notarize LC standalones.

My guess is that you just code sign the app with your apple developer ID certificates. My guess is that it does none of the security sandbox checks. The sandbox checks and various other app store specific tasks are a tad complicated with LiveCode and it is my understanding that notarization does none of that.

Pretty sure this is: "I am code signing this bundle of bits to say that it really did come from me and so that the OS can checksum the bundle of bits to make sure they match what I signed and haven’t been altered by malware."

Of course, data needs to be stored outside of the standalone but I kind of remember that is required anyway.

Kee Nethery