MouseMove less responsive in 9.0.4

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Apr 4 01:20:38 EDT 2019

On 2019-04-03 13:43, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode wrote:
> on mouseEnter
>    if the tool is "Browse tool" then
>       lock screen
>       start editing grp “Board”
>       set the layer of me to top
>       stop editing
>    end if
> end mouseEnter

There's no engine changes I can see in 9.0.4-rc-2 which could cause that
so I suspect this will be due to a bug fix in the IDE - does it still
happen if you Suspend Development Tools, or in a standalone?

Regardless of the cause, Monte's suggestion of using the 'relayer'
command instead is what you should do - we added it to allow you to much
more easily relayer controls around and in and out of groups *without*
having to use an editing feature or try and figure out the somewhat
opaque rules about what layer numbers actually mean when
relayerGroupedControls is true.

Indeed, 'start editing group Foo' causes the engine to remove all cards
and objects from a stack and store them somewhere self, create a new
card and add the controls that were in the group as the new card's
objects. Which is obviously a great deal more work than just moving a
control somewhere else in the internal lists.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps