LiveCode Pseudo Captcha?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 31 16:05:33 EDT 2018

On 10/31/18 2:18 PM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
> I wanted to know if anyone has created a
> Captcha type solution just using LiveCode?

I haven't, but I used a regular form with two radio buttons. At first it
said:

Please show us you are human:
x I am a human
x I'm a robot

Within 24 hours I received spam from a bot. So I changed it to:

Please choose the correct answer:
x I am a mindless automaton
x I think, therefore I am

And in the last several years I haven't had a single bot find the form.
The key, I believe, is to avoid any use of bot keywords like "human",
"person", "robot", "bot" or anything else similar. The above looks like
an unimportant picklist and they either ignore it or can't parse it.

A friend copied my form to his website and last I heard he hasn't had a
bot hit yet either.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com