tree view hide key

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Wed Oct 31 11:31:06 EDT 2018

Tree view displays a LiveCode array, so everything is key-value.  What you
are running up against is that the value is either a string or an array.
What are you wanting to use as a key?  How are you storing the data now
prior to presentation?

That is probably the single issue that can't be readily addressed.  If you
can represent your data as a LiveCode array where keys are sorted either
numerically or alphabetically, then the tree view widget can present the
data.  Extending the widget to hide the value would not be that difficult
though.

In the tree view, non-leaf nodes have the disclosure triangle.  Are you
talking about when you get the hilitedElement?

Thanks,
Brian

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 8:09 AM Mike Kerner via use-livecode <