tree view hide key

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Tue Oct 30 18:47:00 EDT 2018

What kind of work?  Here are a couple that I can think of that are not
easily addressed:
- Arbitrary sort would take significant changes (a couple options:  2 part
key [1,firstkey], [2,asecondkey] or restructuring the array format to
something like [key][title], [key][value] where the title and optionally
value would be displayed and keys just used for sorting).
- Inline editing is something that LCB doesn't support.

My goal is to submit a PR today that will facilitate keyboard navigation (I
want to add a couple properties that can be controlled from LCS which can
handle the keypresses).

Several code changes are already completed and either merged (9.1) or
waiting review.
- Numeric sort will now also sort the non-number entries below the numbers
- If you select a row that is hidden by folding, it will expand to show the
row
- You can have the selected item scroll into view when selected
- When an element is added interactively, it can be configured to
auto-select the new element
- You can reset the fold state to collapse the entire tree (optionally
setting the arrayData at the same time)
- MouseUp no longer registers as a click when the MouseDown was on a
different row

I don't see anything else in the QCC for the Tree Widget that I can address
at the moment.

Thanks,
Brian

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:08 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <