Numbering lines

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:37:09 EDT 2018

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 5:27 PM Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <

> My apologies Hermann. I had not been following the original thread
> closely, and got confused by the embedded quoting in the later messages.
> I was looking at Geoff's code - not yours - and he explicitly said "
>
> And of course if retaining the order isn't critical "

We have gone wildly down a troublesome path, but for the record, I posted
two different sets of code. The first bit was functions based on Hermann's
original code, and retained the order given. The second code was the
simplified and not-order-retaining version as an alternative.