use-livecode Digest, Vol 181, Issue 33

Douglas Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Wed Oct 24 17:10:28 EDT 2018

Thanks for the reply, Klaus... but I'm sure we all agree this is totally non-intuitive.  However, using this call in my openStack script does two negative things:

1) least important but somewhat self-defeating to my "goal", this now opens the Project Browser right on top of my app in some default height and width.  As a result I have to move it over to the side and adjust the size.  If I just open the Project Browser via the LC tools, it opens in the same position and size as to the last saved stack.

2) more importantly, after allowing this code to execute within my app, I went to create my standalone version and found that all of the Saved Standalone Application Settings were GONE! and the setting had reverted back to the default ones for a brand-new stack.  Luckily, by not saving the stack at that point and commenting out that call, the settings came back .. whew!

This was on LC Business v8.1.9 on Windows 7 enterprise SP1.

There are a series of Project Browser related livecodescript files in (my install):

C:\Program Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode Business 8.1.9\Toolset

however none of them seem to (directly) reference any Standalone functionality. ... Back to using the LC tools option.

thanks!

Douglas Ruisaard
Trilogy Software
(250) 573-3935