pdftk issue solved

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Oct 18 11:00:20 EDT 2018

For those interested, I was having a problem creating an fdf file from a fillable pdf form, or even exporting the data using pdftk server. I think I figured out why! In order to create fillable pdf forms that can be filled by non-acrobat applications like Reader or Preview, they need to be saved in a special format. This format precludes even Acrobat from accessing those fillable fields, without first saving the form as a standard pdf. It's a catch 22. Make my forms universally accessible and lock myself out of them, or else make them so that only Acrobat can fill them. Thanks Adobe!

Bob S