Script Editor Unusable on Windows

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Oct 3 08:19:35 EDT 2018

Folks,

I've been complaining about LC on Windows for ages to Brahmanathaswami and
occasionally on this list as well. I have a feeling that most people on HQ
must be using Macs because there is no way this is going unnoticed.

I have disabled all I could in terms of auto suggestion and other live
stuff from options menu and it is still slow. It is not only the editor
though, it is all of LC IDE. Typing stuff inside the message box is so
laggy that is unusable. Here, it takes seconds to catch up and I am a slow
types that uses basically only two fingers to type.

Dragging controls from the palettes, launching the inspectors. Everything
hangs all the time. Just today, I lost an hour of work because LC crashed
while I was accepting an script. Poof, the IDE went unresponsive and then I
had to close it. This happens all the time.

I don't have any plugins anymore. I've disabled everything. I don't have a
recipe either because it affects the whole IDE here.

My machine is pretty standard, it is a Surface Pro 4 with 8gb of RAM, 512
GB of HD and Windows 10 latest stuff. I almost miss my apple.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:15 AM Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode <

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.