LC-apps for HC

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 30 17:37:44 EST 2018

Ingar Roggen wrote:

 > But before that I would like to know if MacPaint works in LC.
 > Anybody know that?

I doubt it.  IIRC the format was directly dependent on QuickDraw - from
Wikipedia:

   Applications using QuickDraw will still run under OS X 10.8
   through macOS 10.12; however, the current versions of Xcode
   and the macOS SDK do not contain the header files to compile
   such programs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_QuickDraw

This is one of the benefits I've come to appreciate with open source:
data longevity. When formats and the code needed to operate on them are
free and open, data can never die.

Proprietary formats only live as long as the vendor chooses to support them.

I have a hard drive in my archives filled with data dependent on
software that no longer runs on any modern OS.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems