LC-apps for HC

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Nov 30 12:49:20 EST 2018

I'll jump in here.

Porting/opening Hypercard stacks is a convenience. The primary issue is that Hypercard was optimized to index every text of every card in a stack to make finding information easier. New records? New cards.

Livecode? Not so much. In fact, not at all. There will be performance issues. But at least your field and button layouts will be intact, and you scripting *should* work out of the box.

At that point, your next task will be to refactor your app to switch to a database oriented app with single form layouts as opposed to multiple cards as records. Getting the information out of your cards and into a database, although not difficult, will have to be scripted. So far as I know, there is nothing that can "automagically" do that for you.

Bob S