Max number of columns in a datagrid?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:56:01 EST 2018

I just checked, and (LC 8 on a Mac) indeed fields fail beyond a certain
width/character limit/???

This:

on mouseUp
   repeat with i = 1 to 10000
      put char -10 to -1 of ("aaaaaaaaaa" & i & " ")  after x
   end repeat
   put x into fld 1
end mouseUp

results in a field that scrolls right only until it displays about "aa294
aaaaaa295 aaaaaa296 aaaaaa2" So, something like 3,000 characters wide.
Again, something that could be worked around, but basically whether it's a
field or the DG, some sort of virtualized display seems necessary.