Quit an Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 25 22:12:07 EST 2018

The user isn't asking for a way to quit, just for a controlled exit.
Typically this is done from the entry screen (the Home stack in this case)
when the Back button is pressed. Right now the app says "you are home" and
blocks the backKey message. Instead, ask if they want to quit and if so,
pass backKey. That allows Android to take over and the user will be taken
to their launcher or whatever app they were using before yours.

Some apps skip the dialog and just allow the user to leave seamlessly, it's
up to you. It only takes one time for the user to know what will happen.
Both methods are common.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On November 25, 2018 7:02:58 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode