Max number of columns in a datagrid?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Nov 21 10:39:19 EST 2018

I had set the dgProp ["columns"] to more than 900. :-) Not only did the DG fail to display any data, but it actually KILLED THE DG! I could no longer set the dgData to empty, nor could I edit the contents in the property inspector and delete the text. I had to delete the DG and create a new one. I have less than 100 now so all good.

I don't consider this a bug though. I simply exceeded the limits of LC to handle that many columns of data. I think it has to do with the maximum width of a card. The fields would have to be created whether or not they are displayed. If they exceed the max card width, I can see how there would be problems.

Bob S