Reading data from Google Sheets

JJS jjs at krutt.org
Thu Nov 15 14:06:38 EST 2018

i used this 3 years ago, found some examples and altered it a bit, still
works ok.

we used this to find info back on what others had added to the list.

you have to select the columns you want to read in the SELECT statement
in the script, you have to play with this

the script shows you that i used some buttons and fields

cardscript: (add your key!)

*local*sBrowserId

*function*browserId

*return*sBrowserId

*end*browserId

*on*browserBeforeNavigate pId, pUrl

*global*browserCancel

*if* "spreadsheets.google.com"isnotinpURL *then*

*answer*warning"Won't allow you to go to a domain outside this page!"

*put*trueintobrowserCancel

*end* *if*

*end*browserBeforeNavigate

*on*closeCard

*#if the hilite of btn "Browser ON" then*

*#unhilite btn "Browser ON"*

*#end if*

*#set the vScroll of fld "theText" to 0*

*pass*closeCard

*end*closeCard

*on*openCard

altBrowserOn

*pass*openCard

*end*openCard

*on*altBrowserOn

*local*tWinID

*put*thewindowidofthisstackintotWinID

*local*tBrowserId

*put*revBrowserOpen(tWinId,
"https://spreadsheets.google.com/tq?tqx=out:html&tq=SELECT%20A%2C%20B%2C%20C%2C%20I%2C%20J%2C%20K%2C%20L&key=YOURKEYGOESHERE&gid=0")
intotBrowserId

*if* tBrowserId isnotainteger*then*

*answer*"Failed to open browser: "& tBrowserId

*exit* altBrowserOn

*end* *if*

*put*tBrowserId intosBrowserId

revBrowserSet sBrowserId, "showborder", true

revBrowserSet sBrowserId, "rect", therectoffield"veld"

*end*altBrowserOn

*on*altBrowserOff

*if* sBrowserId isaninteger*then*

revBrowserClose sBrowserId

*end* *if*

*put*emptyintosBrowserId

*end*altBrowserOff

button refresh:

*on*mouseUp

*local*tBrowserId

*put*browserId() intotBrowserId

*if* tBrowserId isnotaninteger*then*

*exit* mouseUp

*end* *if*

revBrowserRefresh browserId()

*end*mouseUp

button to find something in the list:

*local*tVind

*on*mouseUp

*local*tBrowserId

*put*browserId() intotBrowserId

*if* tBrowserId isnotaninteger*then*

*exit* mouseUp

*end* *if*

*put*field"findthis"intotVind

revBrowserSet tBrowserId, "selected", tVind

*Put*emptyintofield"findthis"

*end*mouseUp