What is LC's internal text format?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Nov 13 19:39:36 EST 2018

> On 14 Nov 2018, at 10:44 am, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> You generally want to use codepoint in 7+ generally where previously you used char unless you know you are dealing with a binary string and then you use byte.

Sorry! I have written codepoints here when I was thinking codeunits! Use codeunits rather than codepoints as they are a fixed number of bytes (2). Codepoints may be 2 or 4 bytes so there is a cost in figuring out the number of codepoints or the exact byte codepoint x refers to. So for chunk expressions on unicode strings use `codeunit x to y`.

Cheers

Monte