What is LC's internal text format?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:29:23 EST 2018

I never left, I just went silent.

But since I'm "back", I'm curious to know what the engine-types think of
Bernd's solution for fixing the UTF-32 offsets code. It seems that when
converting both the stringToFind and stringToSearch to UTF-32 and then
searching the binary with byteOffset, you won't find "Reykjavík" in
"Reykjavík er höfuðborg"

But if you first append "せ" to each string, then do the textEncode, then
strip the last 4 bytes, the match will work. That seems like strange voodoo
to me.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode <