How to find offsets in Unicode Text fast

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Nov 10 19:43:26 EST 2018

Hi Richmond

Richmond via use-livecode<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=from:%22Richmond+via+use%5C-livecode%22> Sat, 10 Nov 2018 11:42:50 -0800<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=date:20181110>

>I don't know who told you that ð was an Icelandic d.

No one told me, I just made it up from the appearance of the letter.

I do know though that  Sunnudagu (Sunday) is different from Barðar (a male first name)

>The ð is called the "eth", and was used in Anglo-Saxon interchangeably with thethorn to represent the 2 sounds that are now represented in English by <the digraph

<th.
>As such Icelandic has retained the eth sign.
>In Icelandic the /d/ sound is represented by the letter d.

thank you for this very interesting information.

But I think that the actual topic of this thread could also interest the author of the famous "DevaWriter", may be only on a tangent.

Kind regards
Bernd