How to find the offset of the last instance of a repeating character in a string? (Geoff Canyon)

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 04:36:10 EST 2018

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 7:11 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> If you're looking for 'romeo' in pText, would you set pOverlaps to true
> or to false?

I'd set it to false, there's no way for "romeo" to overlap. But even if I
were looking for "radar", which could overlap, I'd set it to false if I
were searching an english text document, because there's no word
"radaradar". But as I said, I've switched it to default to finding overlaps.