UTF8 on LC server

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu May 31 19:33:56 EDT 2018

Thanks, Warren.

Yes, I've got that header set up, and UTF8 is working fine, pages look
great. But LC server is not handling character chunking in variables the
same way as LC desktop. In desktop, I can say "put char 1 of variable1"
and I get a Japanese kanji. In LC Server, I only get half a kanji.
"Word" chunks are also not working. Items and lines are OK.

I never got the hange of all the encodes and decodes needed for Japanese
in LC 6 and earlier... but does LC server require those kinds of text
manipulations?

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan