How To Become Android Developer

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue May 29 14:58:27 EDT 2018

Can someone please update the lesson How to Become an Android Developer? On the Livecode site.

1) Load JAVA SDK – (JDK) – Takes you to JAVA SE 10.0.1
	- which I believe in incompatible with LC.

java SE 8u171/ 8u172. Works, but there is no mentioned about that the Lesson.

Anyway. Got it stalled.

2) Android SDK

The link for the Android Studio page.
 For the SDK only options, we find

sdk-tools-darwin-3859397.zip

Hanson says to get, in the lesson, "android-sdk_r090-macosx.zip:

Hanson says " The current version of the SDK Tools is not compatible with LiveCode. Please download version 24.4.1."   Looking on the internet for "android SDK 24.4.1" only to find links... that take back the Android Studio page.. with no options other than sdk-tools-darwin-3859397.zip.

OK so I download that....

But there was no "android-sdk-mac/tools/android" file to run

ever I did find what it need, can we trust the lesson on what packages to install? If seems way out of data.

Now I'm stuck...searching the mailing list