Android API Level 26 required as of August 2018

bob at bobhall.net bob at bobhall.net
Fri May 18 13:45:04 EDT 2018

I posted an APK to the Google Play Store today for another project I work on (not LC based) and received a warning that I've not seen before (1 week ago the same App not receive this warning).

"Target API level requirements from August 2018
Warning:
Your app currently targets API level 25 and must target at least API level 26 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.

From August 2018, new apps must target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26).
From November 2018, app updates must target Android 8.0 (API level 26).
Tip:
Change your app's target API level. Learn how."

Some months ago I attempted to build for Android on LC I ran into problems until I used an older version of either the API???/ SDK??? (not sure what right now). I'm posting this here just as an FYI and to see if anyone might now if this is something we need to worry about in the LC space.

I didn't want to open a QC report until someone can confirm/deny this is an issue or not.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Hall