Posting to Facebook?

andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Mon May 14 14:04:33 EDT 2018

Andre's Facebook library still works, but was a bear to track down
about 2 years ago when I bought and implemented it. It seems other
than references in the Wayback Machine, this library has vanished from
the interwebs.

Social sharing seems common enough that there would be a reliable
cross-platform LC widget available for the major services (Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram). I've been using a mixture of Andre's library
(aagFacebookMobileLib.livecode) and Monte's mergExt to handle Facebook
posts on my mobile app.

aagFacebookMobileLib took care of Android users and mergSocial worked
for iOS until version 11 removed system hooks for social media. Now I
still use aagFacebookMobileLib for Android and mergPop for iOS (which
gives the ability to share via other methods like email/text/etc.).

I have yet to find a reliable method to allow dynamic end-users to
post to their own Twitter accounts via mobile app (though I can tweet
to an account that is hard-coded into the app).

--Andrew Bell