LC on Windows - slow for others or just me?

Jason Chan jason.c at canelasoftware.com
Tue May 1 12:26:35 EDT 2018

I run LC9 on actual windows machine and I have the same problem too.

Whenever I edit or save or even just naviagating long scripts, 1000+
lines , with the live error and autocomplete on, there is a long lag
between actions.

The IDE is also extremely slow when I am in debug mode or when I
perform actions that creates multiple controls in real time.

It seems like having the message box open causes LC9 IDE to go from
slow to prohibitively slow. With the message box open, the entire IDE,
mostly the script editor becomes painfully slow to a point that it is
basically impossible to code. The solution to "fix" this is to go to
message box -> pending message -> close the message box. Closing
message box itself without going to pending message does not help.

I mostly develop on LC 8 now because LC 9 is just too slow to work on.

Jason Chan

Canela Software