do. command. safety. ?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Mar 30 12:02:59 EDT 2018

Using do safely is the same as making database queries safe, or URL requests.

You 'just' need to make sure that any input from outside is sanitized to ensure that it doesn't change the meaning of the expression you are 'doing'.

For example, don't interpolate strings directly in the script using quotes, use a local var instead:

put user input into tVar1
do "put tVar1 into x" -- safe

Rather than

do "put " && quote & user input & quote && "into x" -- not safe

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone