Blurring field contents

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:41:48 EDT 2018

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 5:44 pm, Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> That tutorial is a bit outdated now that there is a “blur” command, introduced in LC 8.0, it’s quicker and easier to use.
>
> Paul

Ah! Thank you, Paul.  That’s good to know.  I am a bit Richmondesque in my attachment to older versions of LC, so I have only played a little with LC 8

To those asking why I would want to do this, the answer is to hide clinically sensitive information whilst making it clear that the field is completed.  It means that clinicians can generate an anonymised snapshot of the screen to use in presentations/clinical supervision.  Its a technique routinely used in walkthroughs or screencasts of clinical information displayed on screen.  There was a rather nice implementation in the ScreenSteps app from Blue Mango .

Thanks and best wishes,

David G