Make an open stack modal by script

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 29 02:14:03 EDT 2018

Ah, yes - the *property* is read-only; I had mistakenly read that as
being about the stack itself somehow being read-only.

Yes, the relationship between mode, style, and the mode commands
(toplevel, palette, modal, modeless) are wonderfully flexible.

Mode lets us know what state the window is in at any given time.

Style lets us set a mode as a default when we use open or go.

The mode commands let us override that style to open a stack of any
style in any mode as needed.

In devolution's DeskView window I use these to allow easy toggling of
modes by double-clicking the window representation within it:

If that stack's style is toplevel it bring it to the front as toplevel.

If the style is anything else it uses the toplevel command so I can work
on it.

If its mode is already toplevel but its style is not, it reopens the
stack in its style.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems