variable xref

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Mar 28 09:52:47 EDT 2018

On 28/03/2018 14:45, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> Heck no.  I spend way too much time in environments that were written to
> make the complier-writer's job easier and have 50-100 lines of headers.
> It's annoying to the extreme.
Yeah - why are those variables declared all together, way up at the top,
when it would generally be better to declare and describe them down
where they are just about to be used :-)

> Nothing makes code less readable than re-using i, j, k, l, and m because
> you don't feel like using a readable loop counter because you'll have to
> fix the declaration.
Of course, even with explicitVariable true, loop variables are
auto-declared for you ....
> I want the best of both worlds, and mostly I want the machine to do the
> work, not me.  I'm busy.
And one piece of work it can do much better than me is check for typos
in my code :-)

-- Alex.