Checkmark for Mac & Windows

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Mar 23 22:19:41 EDT 2018

One idea:

- Create or find a checkmark image you like, that looks good within the
textHeight of your lists
- Import it into your app
- make sure each line of text begins with maybe 3 spaces
- use the ID of the checkmark image as the imageSource of char 1 of each
line
- let your (now modified) script support the same toggle action it now
supports

HTH -
Phil Davis

On 3/23/18 6:22 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
> I generate lists on the fly with the first item of each line set with a checkmark. After I construct the list under script, I just insert it into a standard LC table field. The user can then toggle the checkmark of each line off or on with a click (a script in the field takes care of that).
>
> On Mac it's just a matter of using the checkmark character (option-v) which I can type right into a script. But on Windows it does not display. I don't want to rely on a specific font in case the user does not have that installed. Is there really not an *simple* way to do this so that it works on both Mac and Windows? I’m redoing a currently Mac-only app so I can release for Windows too and don’t really want to re-work all this if there’s a simple solution that I’m missing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marty

Phil Davis