Strange problem with tsNet external on Windows

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Mar 16 06:23:12 EDT 2018

I finally answered my own question - it was simple and I was nearly right in my first guess. I forgot to include the ‘Externals’ folder in the files and folders encapsulated by the PC installer maker. I suppose I live too much in the Mac world. The live program looks for an ‘Externals’ folder in its immediate vicinity and if it doesn’t find one, or the contents are wrong, it very sensible reports an error. It would be better if the error was “can’t find Externals folder” rather than “can’t find tsNet”, but that’s a weak excuse on my part.

There you go - deployment stumbling block number 42, I suppose.

Graham