Still looking into HTML5 app

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 14 17:07:44 EDT 2018

On 3/14/18 2:10 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Do HTML5 apps support the "splash screen" approach? In our desktop app,
> the (large) splash stack script is put in use as a library, and the
> stack itself stores images and icons, template groups, and other
> resources common to all the mainstacks it opens. It also has players
> that provide audio globally while other mainstacks are open.
>
> Does anyone know if these things are supported? I guess the main
> question is whether the splash stack is available/in use in a browser
> even when not visible. Or does the currently open stack completely
> replace the splash in memory?

I have just heard this is a no-go, so never mind. On the other hand, I'm
still curious about the capabilities of HTML5. It isn't clear yet what
it can and can't do, particularly with more complex multi-stack apps. It
would be useful to know what stays in RAM, how stack navigation,
libraries, and shared resources are managed, that sort of thing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com