When me is not me

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Mar 9 21:41:04 EST 2018

I think I know what is going on.  If you add a couple of put statements to
that script you will find that "me" by itself doesn't include the card or
stack.  So "put me" would give something like [group "Language Choice"]
which isn't specific enough from another card.  This works:

local tID
put the long id of me into tID
set the hilitedButton of tID to tNum

But it can be simpler:

set the hilitedButton of the long id of me to tNum

I didn't do it from an openStack script, but from the message box while on
another card.

Thanks,
Brian

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 8:10 PM Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <