Sort IP List

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Jun 30 14:01:03 EDT 2018

Hermann,

I did not see Alex's solution until after I posted. I agree that inline is probably always faster.

And after I saw Alex's post I would not have thought that one could do it that way, thanks Alex. On top it is by far the fastest.

On the other hand sort by myFunction(each) is so powerful that you can do things that are probably not possible inline.

Kind regards
Bernd

hh via use-livecode<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=from:%22hh+via+use%5C-livecode%22> Sat, 30 Jun 2018 03:12:55 -0700<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=date:20180630> wrote:

@Bernd
Depending on the function an inline computation (as Alex denoted)
may be even faster than the private function calls?
Here, with IPv4 addresses, it is faster.