Remote URL Not Available

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 27 14:50:12 EDT 2018

On 6/27/18 12:28 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>  > Or, if there is  just *one* thing that is true, for all "I found the
>  > file, here it is" cases
>
> If the result is empty you should be fine.

This. An empty result means the file exists and is accessible, so the
script can continue and use the data in "it". If the result isn't empty
you can report the error to the user, keep a log, have LC put up the
report dialog, or whatever.

The "it" variable will almost always have content. In the case of a
server error, it will contain the html text of the error page. But the
result will have specific info about the error. A server error will
contain the error number and a brief description (i.e., "error 403
Forbidden"), and a connection error will report the type of error
("timeout" for example) so usually there isn't any need to parse the
data in "it".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com