LC 9 Dictionary, Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Jun 23 20:05:03 EDT 2018

Hello,

I don't recall off the top of my head what the current remaining issue
is with the dictionary under Linux. I know there have been a couple or
three that have been reported by different people on different distros.
The workaround to open the dictionary in a browser is working pretty
well, but could use at least one enhancement if it can be managed.
Currently if I have my default browser open on some desktop other than
the one LiveCode is on, the dictionary opens in a new tab on the other
desktop. Could the command used be finessed to force it to open a new
window? This 'should' open naturally on the current desktop. Another
possible solution would be a preference option to set a browser for the
dictionary. That would allow one to use a browser other than the default
browser and avoid this (minor) inconvenience.

Warren