8.1.10 Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jun 23 10:01:46 EDT 2018

Geesh! (He bangs his head on the desk...ha!)  that fixed it!

I don't when I turn on Zoom mode... possibly last year! And it has been carrying that setting forward through all updates. It actually does a "reset" on the phone to change to "standard mode"

I suppose it good that you found this, finally.

But does it not lead to an "enhancement" request?

Something like:

=====
On iOS, if the use has the mode set as  "Zoomed Mode" then return the screenRect at the "zoom mode" size.
=====

??

Otherwise we cannot build a "responsive" interface.

But, my goal is met. I will turn the stack in as a test  for Android to try to get in working the say way before you send out 9.1

Somehow I scripted this, first time ever in less than 100 lines without using a single resize handler or messing with the GM?  Thanks to

mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations "portrait,portrait upside down",sPortraitRect
mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations "landscape left,landscape right",sLandscapeRect

and, if in work on Android, I deprecate nearly 1400 lines for code that is "impenetrable" for the human mind (created by someone who DID get it to work on Android, only God knows how...)

I wonder it you were to use resize handler, could you do with even less code? OR would the resize handler report the actual Zoomed In rect?   Have to test

Current iteration is here "

Go url stack "http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/BrowserLandscapeTest_r3.livecode"

BR