8.1.1 Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Mon Jun 18 00:28:04 EDT 2018

For iOS, you must have a splash screen image for every native resolution
that you need to access.  If you don't have a 7+ splash, then you won't get
a true 7+ rect.  What happens is that automatic scaling kicks in at the
device level, so your stack only gets one of the splash images sizes.  So,
the app is telling the phone what resolutions it supports via those splash
screens and then the OS is adjusting to ensure that the full screen gets
used.

You can download my mobileProfile demo stack from the forum.  It uses
profiles and GM to take care of resize when device rotates.  You can do it
without profiles/GM, but it would at least let you see how it can work.

One note is that GM/PM both work on mobile now without having to manually
include any code (common library didn't get included when the post was
written).

I have not looked at this code in a while though.

Thanks,
Brian