Regex (matchChunk) help...

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:04:24 EDT 2018

Glad it worked.   If it turns out there is a reason not to use trueword and
a for each loop, the same basic algorithm can be used with offset() but it
would be a bit more convoluted.
Basically, find the first offset for the beginning string, then use that to
skip chars to look for both the beginning string and ending string.  If
both are found, replace the initial offset for beginning with the new
offset, use that info for the next chars to skip, and do it again.

There would be several more things to watch for, like having a current
beginning offset, doing your check, and making sure you still have a match
even if there isn't another beginning offset, and only an end. (and various
other combinations i'm sure) but it shouldn't be too bad to figure out if
the other solution is ruled out for some reason.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:32 PM Glen Bojsza via use-livecode <