Differences between Commercial and Community versions of LiveCode

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Wed Jun 6 17:52:35 EDT 2018

I’m in LC 9.0.0 and Encryption is discussed, and the code is shown to set a salt. However, the docs say it’s beyond the scope of the docs to explain how to choose a salt. For example, how many characters need to be in a salt. Are any characters permissible? Are all character formats permissible? There is no guidance on what makes an acceptable salt.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://earthlearningsolutions.org