Home Screen Icon Not Rendered on iOS

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Jul 30 10:10:29 EDT 2018

Apple continues to give us grief…Anyone else have this context.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
LC: 9.0.1 RC1
Xcode 9.4.1
iOS (on phone) 11.4.1

No matter what I do, I can't get the Home screen icon to render on the phone. It always "generic"

All icons are entered into SA at correct dimensions. Whether  we use "prerendered" on not, still doesn't work.
No entitlements issues, build goes through with no error. Just no proper icon.

Previously, in Xcode 9.3 this same problem was solved by saying  "Yes" to Apple's Dialog on Xcode start up

"Do You Want to Install Additional Components?"

After that, restarting Xcode, restart LC and the icon rendered.

But Xcode 9.3 will not build for iOS 11.4.1. AND XCode 9.4.1. invokes no dialog for "Additional Components"  -- it opens "silently" and on Apple's developer site there are no additional component for 9.4.1? (in downloads) I tried manually adding the 9.3 Components (little applications that I put the Xcode applications folder). but still no go…

I am stumped.

I can still build and get my beta testers to check the app - minus a proper home screen icons. But sure would be nice to solve this one.

BR